必克英语导语:关于钱的英文表达,我们常见的也就只知道是money,但是这个只是统称,今天我们一起来看看,关于钱的英文词汇究竟有哪些吧! 英文里表示钱的词汇包括check(支票)、dime(角)、dollar(元)、penny(分)、cent(分)等。这些词也是本期盘点将要涉及的主要词汇。 1. break the bank 太贵,花钱太多,倾家荡产 2. bring home the bacon 赚钱,养家糊口 3. cash in on (something) 从……中获利,靠……赚钱;从……中捞到好处 4. give (someone) a blank check 让某人按自己的想法行事 5. turn on a dime 在极小的地方打转,(活动)非常灵巧 6. bet your bottom dollar 孤注一掷,把家底儿压上 7. look like a million dollars 容光焕发,看上去十分漂亮 8. pinch pennies 精打细算 9. put in your two cents 发表意见 10. for peanuts 赚不了几个小钱儿 阅读过该篇文章的人还浏览过:
John knew that renting the ocean view apartment would break the bank, so he settled for a smaller apartment.
约翰知道租一个海景公寓会花光他所有的钱,所以他选了一个小点的。
I can't sit around all day - someone's got to bring home the bacon.
我不能整天坐着无所事事——家里总得有个养家糊口的人。
Her family have been accused of cashing in on her death.
人们指责她的家人借她的死牟利。
The professor gave the students a blank check with the only requirement being that they turn in their project on time.
这位教授允许学生们自由发挥,唯一要求就是他们需要按时交作业。
The car handles very well and can turn on a dime.
这辆车很容易驾驶,反应灵敏。
I would bet my bottom dollar that Rachel will show up late again today.
我敢打赌瑞秋今天晚些时候一定会再次出现。
As she stepped out in her wedding dress, she looked like a million dollars.
当她穿着婚纱走出来时,看起来美呆了。
My grandfather always pinches pennies; he never spends money if he doesn't have to.
我爷爷总是精打细算;只要没必要他从不花钱。
You can put in your two cents after I am finished going over all the facts.
等我陈述完了所有事实后,你可以发表你的个人意见。
The students had very little money, so they were willing to work for peanuts.
学生们没什么钱,所以他们愿意为了微不足道的一点小钱而工作。